Yes! In addition to math, we offer tutoring for reading, chemistry, physics, statistics, English, and Chinese.
Yes! During the school year, we typically start our tutoring sessions by ensuring students understand the content they are currently studying with their class (including homework).
After we finish discussing any current assignments, we move on to either preparing for upcoming topics or we review previously covered topics that students are still struggling with.
We tutor students of all ages. More specifically, we commonly tutor students whose ages range from 5 years old to 80 years old.
Yes! We have extensive experience tutoring online. We strive to make online tutoring an engaging, productive, and enjoyable experience.
We offer tutoring for the following levels of math:
• Arithmetic (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, order of operations, etc.)
• Linear Algebra
• Differential Equations
• Discrete Math
Yes, we offer test prep services for the math portions of the SAT, ACT, CBEST, TEAS, and numerous other tests.
Yes! We frequently tutor students for the Arithmetic Reasoning and Math Knowledge portions of the ASVAB.
Yes! Students are welcome to being food and drinks to the Study Lounge. We just ask that you try to avoid bringing strongly fragrant foods, so others are not affected. Thank you!
At High Desert Math Tutor, our primary commitment is to provide a consistent and highly personalized service to every student. Our tutors make a significant commitment to prepare in advance for every tutoring session. As such, we need to have a policy that acknowledges this dedication while providing some flexibility to our clients.
1. Non-Refundable Fees: All tutoring fees are non-refundable. Fees for scheduled tutoring sessions are forfeited entirely if the session is cancelled with less than two days (48 hours) notice.
2. Cancellation Notice: We understand that unexpected events occasionally happen in everyone's life. To be fair to all clients and out of consideration for our tutors' time, we have implemented the following policy: If you need to cancel or reschedule a session, we require at least two days (48 hours) notice. If a cancellation or rescheduling request is made with more than two days notice, we will do our best to accommodate the change without any penalty.
3. Emergencies / Illness: We understand that serious conditions and emergencies can arise without warning. We will consider all reasonable situations for exceptions to our cancellation policy.
4. Canceling vs. Rescheduling: When at all possible, we request that you consider rescheduling a tutoring session instead of canceling it entirely. We'll work with you to find a mutually convenient time.
We realize the cancellation policy may seem strict, but we want to remind you that our goal is not to levy fees but rather to ensure the most effective use of time for all our students and tutors. When a session is cancelled without sufficient notice, we are often unable to fill the now available tutoring slot and this impacts our tutors who have set aside their time for the session.
Thank you for understanding the value of the commitment made by our tutors. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
By scheduling a tutoring session with High Desert Math Tutor, you are agreeing to our cancellation policy.
High Desert Math Tutor reserves the right to modify or amend its cancellation policy at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
Yes, all of our expert tutors and staff have passed comprehensive background checks.
We want to ensure the safety and reliability for all students and members of our community.